Image Map

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Happy Father's Day

I am so non-creative when it comes to giving gifts.
(I know, cupcakes, but who wants cupcakes for every single holiday or birthday? Okay, I would, but we're talking about normal people here.)
And again I'm such a procrastinator.
It seems I always think of that perfect gift or idea two months ahead of time, but I always wait until a few days before the event to actually try to get it together.
Father's Day has been no different.
I had this idea about 3 months ago to do this project for Dear Hubby.
And of course, I wait until today to try to get it together. Luckily the kids were pretty cooperative today so it came together quickly!
And thank goodness for 1 hour photo processing!
I figured that since Dear Hubby has his own office now that he needed to decorate it up a little bit, and what better way to do that than pictures of the kiddos.

I'm sure you've all see how this project is done.
Simply take pictures of the kids with the letters spelling out whatever you want, print and frame.
I went a little further and used PicMonkey to create a collage, fix up the colors a bit, and then put the label on it (I love PicMonkey now that I'm figuring it out thanks to my friend Ashton from Something Swanky).
I'm sure this project would be great for any occassion.
I'm thinking about making one for myself! That's not too weird is it?
So, if you're a last minute gifter like me, you've still got 8 hours to get this done!!
Happy Father's Day to all the great Dad's out there!!


2 comments:

  1. That is super cute, he will love that! You just gave me an idea to Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a cute idea! I might use it for my Dad's birthday in August - but with myself, that would be funny. :)

    ReplyDelete