Image Map

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Sweet Potato Biscoff Cookie Bites

Wow! It's been way too long. I've missed all of you so much. We've been so busy over the past few weeks I haven't had an extra second to sit and spend time with all of you.
But I'm so glad to be back.
I know that I probably won't get to spend as much time with all of you as I have been in the past, besides, it is almost summer. And when it's 90 degrees outside with 100% humidity who wants to be stuck in the house typing away on the computer, in the air conditioning, with a nice cool drink in hand.
Not this girl!
 Kidding. I'm totally kidding!
But since I have two children who are more than happy to sweat off their entire body weight in one single day, I have a feeling I won't be spending as much time in here as I'd like.
Not to mention my new role in Cub Scout world.
But I will do my best.
I love being here and sharing my creations with you and I love it that you are so willing to share your creations with me.
Speaking of creations... here's my latest!
I found inspiration for these cookie bites here.
And since I'm more of a Cups kind of girl I decided to make them in a bite size mini-muffin pan.
I had never tasted Biscoff Cookies before, in fact, I had never even heard of them until I saw this recipe. I looked all over trying to find them, and finally it was my local CVS store to the rescue.
Biscoff Cookies have a wonderful rich coffee flavor with a slight hint of toffee.  
They were so good. Like, I have got to give these away because if I don't I'll eat the entire batch of them, good.
They remind me a little bit of Fall, but trust me, don't wait until Fall to make these.
Make Them Now!!


Sweet Potato Biscoff Cookie Bites

Crust

22 Biscoff cookies (there are more than 30 in a pack)
1/2 c butter – melted
2 tbs granulated sugar

Cake
1 1/2 c mashed sweet potato – room temp
1/3 c lightly packed light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg – room temp
1 c all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbs cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
3 tbs melted butter – room temp

Cream Cheese Glaze
1/4 c cream cheese – room temp
1/2 c confectioners sugar
1 tbs cream or milk

Crust
Preheat oven to 375 F.
Crush your cookies in to fine crumbs using a food processor or put them in a plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
Add melted butter and sugar. Mix well until all the crumbs are wet.
Press about 1 teaspoon of mixture into each muffin well. Make sure you press them firmly into the pan.
Bake for 7 minutes. Remove and let cool while you make your cake.

Cake
Turn oven to 350 F.
In a large bowl add sugar, egg and vanilla. Mix until no lumps remain. Add your sweet potato and mix well. Add in your flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt all and once and mix just until no streaks of flour remain. It’s gonna be thick. Add in your melted butter and stir until the butter is incorporated into the batter.  Place a tablespoon of batter into each muffin well.
Bake for 15-18 minutes.

Cream Cheese Glaze
With an electric mixer beat cream cheese until smooth. Sift in confectioners sugar and add vanilla. Beat again until well mixed. Add your cream or milk to thin. If you want it a bit thinner just add a little more milk.
Drizzle over the top of each bite.

I also decided to pay homage to one of our most favorite people in our family who we recently said goodbye to. I inherited these adorable mini bundt pans from Aunt Kate and decided this would be a great recipe to try in one. I simply made the above recipe and baked it upside down in the cake pan. When I took it out of the oven and tried removing it from the pan, all of the crumbs scattered on the plate, but it was perfect! The bottom right picture above is the one I made in her pan. So Aunt Cake (Kate), we miss you very much, but I hope this makes you smile.



8 comments:

  1. Love this idea! I've missed you. I, too, worry about summer. I might have to boost my wifi so it works by the pool, lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look super delicious, and I'm very curious as I don't know what biscoff cookies taste like.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my goodness. I'm serious, this looks beyond genius. Biscoff + sweet potato?! Are you kidding me, girl? I have to make this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim these cookies look so different and creative!!

    Just stopping by to let you know we've nominated your blog for "The Sunshine Award"!! Stop by Flavors by Four to check it out.

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! These look so good! Thanks for sharing! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look delicious! I love using sweet potatoes in different ways, and this sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks yummy! Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
    Rachel
    adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete